Microcool Tool Cold Plate Simulator
A free cold plate simulator
MicroCool Tool is a new, user-friendly, hands-on cold plate simulator for cooling elements developed for a diverse range of electronic cooling applications including CPU configurations, racks, servers, GPU graphics chips, high-output LEDs, power modules, IGBTs, power semiconductors, and FETs.
This simulator helps you quickly determine which type of MDT fin or pin geometry will best suit your performance needs. With just a few inputs, the correlation-based software:
- Provides thermal resistance, cold plate and fluid temperatures, as well as pressure drop performance
- Evaluates straight fins, in-line pin fins, and sstaggered-pinfin geometries
- Handles single-phase coolants (best methods including entrance effects)
- Also determines once-through and split flow (for pressure drop designs)
- Generates complete graphical simulations. (Including 3D PDF output with graphs and incremental calculation output of the thermal views) and set of input/output results
- This software was developed in conjunction with John Thome, Professor of Heat and Mass Transfer at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland. Thome is an industry leader in heat transfer and two-phase cooling. Learn More
Currently, MicroCool Tool is free for all users. Start today! Run your own simulation.