What is the Microcool cold plate advantage? What makes our cold plates for liquid cooling the best performing cold plates?
- Robust lead-free friction stir weld design
- Available electroless nickel plating inside and out to protect against corrosion with certain coolants
- Easily customize your design simply by changing the density of the MDT fin or pin fin geometry inside without changing the entire design
- Fast delivery: Next day shipping available on our 3000 series standard cold plates.
MicroCool designs and manufactures the best performing and most cost-effective cold plates for liquid cooling available today.
Visit www.microcooling.com to learn more. Our engineers are available to answer any design questions you may have.
Why Friction Stir Welding is Better
Friction Stir Welding (FSW) is a solid-state joining process, meaning frictional heat is generated between the wear-resistant welding tool and the material of the workpieces. Joining the workpieces together while staying below the melting point. This creates a leak-proof seal that is stronger and more reliable than any other cold plate joining method.
Microcool uses the best technology
MicroCool has become the expert in FSW high conductivity 1100 series aluminum MDT pin plates into all types of machined, extruded and cast aluminum alloys.
Visit www.microcooling.com to learn more
MicroCool Tool is a new, user-friendly, hands-on online simulation tool for cold plates and cooling elements developed for a diverse range of electronic cooling applications including CPU configurations, racks, servers, GPU graphics chips, high-output LEDs, power modules, IGBTs, power semiconductors, and FETs.
This online software can help you quickly determine which type of MDT fin or pin geometry will best suit your performance needs. With just a few inputs, the correlation-based software:
- Provides thermal resistance, cold plate and fluid temperatures, as well as pressure drop performance
Evaluates straight fins, in-line pin fins, and staggered pin fin geometries
- Handles single-phase coolants (best methods including entrance effects)
- Determines once-through and split flow (for pressure drop designs)
- Generates complete graphical simulations (including 3D PDF output with graphs and incremental calculation output of the thermal views) and set of input/output results
Try it today!
Instructions on how to use the MicroCool Tool
Micro Deformation Technology (MDT) in Use
This week at Semi-therm QuantaCool had a very innovative 2 phase cooling solution for the Gamer PC market. This system cooled both the CPU and the GPU with no pump to run and used a non-dielectric fluid (so no shorts if there was a leak). This technology is performing very well partially in thanks to the MicroCool MDT fin structures we can provide.
Branded the Polar Box, QuantaCool has some very innovative ideas.