4000 series cold plate for the Wolfspeed XM3 module
The CP4012 aluminum friction stir welded cold plate has been optimized specifically for the high heat flux of silicon carbide. The MDT (micro deformation technology) inside allows for the very low thermal resistance, low pressure drop and balanced parallel flow.
* Thermal resistance is calculated as the difference between maximum cold plate temp and the inlet fluid temp divided by the total cold plate power.
** Pressure drop is calculated from inlet to outlet without fittings, Coolant used for testing: 50/50 water and ethylene glycol.
Using a 50/50 water-ethylene-glycol coolant with a flow rate of 12 L/min and a temperature of 25°C, the maximum power dissipation for the flat baseplate CAB450M12XM3 is measured at 750 W per position at a junction temperature of 175°C for a thermal resistance of 0.2°C/W for RΘJL
MDT In Line Pin Fin Options:
- 4 fin/inch (~2.4mm gaps) Best pressure drop
- 8 fin/inch (~1.2mm gaps)
- 12 fin/inch (~1mm gaps)
- 20 fin/inch (~0.5mm gaps) Highest performance
Custom Options (call or email):
- Length: Extrusion length can change to accommodate up to 8 IGBTS
- Ports: NPT/SAE/BSPP (G)/ Welded on hose barb
- Plating Options: Electroless Nickel inside and out available
- Double-sided options
1. DIMENSIONS AND TOLERANCES IAW ASME Y14.5M – 1994
2. MATERIAL: ALUMINUM 1100-H14 (FINPLATES) / ALUMINUM 6061-T6 OR 6063-T6 (TUB)
3. 4MM TALL MDT IN LINE PIN FIN OPTIONS: 20, 12, 6×8 & 3×4 FPI (GAP/DIA 0.0,1,1.2,2.4mm)
4. FINISHED ASSEMBLY MASS: 777 GRAMS
Advanced Friction Stir Welding